Saturday, July 21, 2012

wiksten tank #3

Wiksten tank #3

So about a month or so ago, I made myself another Wiksten Tank out of 'good fabric' (and not cheapo wearable muslin fabric). I used a beautiful Lecien Lawn (Memoire a Paris) fabric in a berry and cream colourway I picked up at Spool of Thread. Again I attempted to modify the body a bit (previous tanks here and here) so that it would be roomy enough in the chest but not too tenty around the waist. I lowered the armhole a bit and adjusted the side seams by measuring 1 1/2" in from the hem and drew a diagonal line to the edge of the armhole. Then I measured approx 1" from the armhole and drew another diagonal line to the edge of the hem as well. So when I followed/sewed the outer line, the side seam curved in a bit around the waistline but then out again at the hem. I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone but I'm writing it in here because the result actually worked for me and I'm hoping to recreate this again using these notes.

Wiksten tank #3

I took a few pictures of the tank when I finished it but didn't write up a post because I wanted to get a picture of me wearing it so I could show the difference in fit from my previous tanks. But alas and alack, it was not meant to be. Although I've been wearing the tank quite a bit lately, I didn't take any pictures and today, my washing machine decided to take a big-ass bite out of it :(

Ah well, I guess it's on to #4 then.

x melissa