Sunday, August 14, 2011

beep-beep whirl-whirl

Robot

Finally, I can show off this little dude! I made him as a gift for a baby shower, and he has been happily received by his new family today!

Robot

The best part about putting one of these guys together is picking out the fabrics and colours. I'm really pleased with how this one came together with bits and pieces from my stash. It's for a baby boy so I obviously didn't want to add any buttons or choke-able parts. This guy is made with cotton fabrics, wool felt and is stuffed with 100% wool roving. Fully chewable!  And my favourite part? The number 'buttons' on his computer panel which was taken from the selvage edge of some fabric.

The pattern is from Hillary Lang's Wee Wonderfuls Robot & Spaceboy pattern book. I simply adore her toy animal and doll patterns and if you haven't noticed yet, I have recently become a licensed maker of her soft toys and have been slowly adding them to my shop.







2 comments: