Monday, April 29, 2013

KCW Spring 2013 - Days 6 & 7 - Sailboat Pants

Hooray hurrah! With my one extra cheat day, I managed to finished these super cute Sailboat Pants

Sailboat Pants 

Now I can understand everyone's addiction with this Oliver+S pattern. They are sooo unbelievably satisfying to sew! Easy, relatively quick and they come together so nicely.

Sailboat Pants - pink lining

The fabric is an Italian (cotton) denim with a wee bit of stretch I picked up at my local Fabricana (note to self: I used a stretch needle when sewing this as I found my universal needle was pulling the threads in the fabric too much). It's relatively thin/light-weight, so perfect for spring/summer. I wanted these to be versatile so I went with the dark denim blue, but I didn't want them to be boring so added fuschia top-stitching and bright green buttons. C picked out the buttons from my vintage button stash and I think they are perfect :) I also used some pink floral and striped cotton scrap fabric I picked up at the latest Our Social Fabric sale for the lining/facing.

2013-04-29 12.44.56

 I made these in a size 4 which fit lil c nicely. And although they are meant to be cropped pants, these are definitely on the short side but still super cute. Again, perfect for the warmer weather we'll hopefully be seeing soon.

2013-04-29 12.45.05 

So c was NOT in the mood to model these pants this morning. I think she's been feeling rather 'put upon' with having to have modeled 3 other garments this week already. But luckily this afternoon, she granted me about 60 seconds to do a quick photoshoot :)

Sailboat pants

So I guess that's the end of Kid's Clothes Week. If you sewed along too, feel free to link up in the comments. I'd love to see what you made! And for more inspiration, head on over to the KCW blog for the round-ups. Such awesome stuff on there. And now.. back to some selfish sewing for me :)

melissa x

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Could you tell me what size buttons you used? I have some buttons that are what the pattern asks for, but I think they're smaller than what I'm seeing in finished garments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! The buttons I used were slightly larger than the recommended 5/8" (so I guess they were 6/8"). Good luck finishing your Sailboat Skirt. Would love to see it when it's done!

      Delete