Friday, May 27, 2011

a little something for me

Do any of you follow the Colette Patterns blog? If not, I highly recommend it. It is full of wonderful sewing tips, facts, fashion history and tons of beautiful inspiration, perfect for beginners as well as experienced sewers. And every once in a while, there is a sweet little freebie (like this). Check out the latest free pattern for the Sorbetto Top.




I love the simplicity of this style and I'm already thinking up all the ways the pattern could be modified. Contrast binding? Racerback? Shirt tail hem? Button closure? Ooh my mind is spinning with all the possibilities! I've also been coveting this vintage fabric from one of my favourite vintage fabric supply shops on Etsy.


I'm thinking the Sorbetto top would look pretty sweet in this fabric... What do you think? Too granny-ish? or could it perhaps pass as a cool granny-chic?

So, anyone else have a weakness for 'granny-chic' fabric? Sewn with a Colette sewing pattern? Making any fun summer clothes for yourself? Please share! I'd love to hear about it!

-top two images are from the Colette Patterns blog
-bottom image is from the TheresaMarieRose shop

1 comment: